- Plastic Save-A-Point pencil caps. These are all I found at Aaron Brothers. They are crap. Do not buy them unless you only sharpen pencils with a cheap plastic hand held sharpener. The well sharpened point will protrude through the small hole at the point of the cap, and be easily broken off, or poke you.
- DIY Paper point protectors
- Jetpen has three or four varieties of point protectors
- Maybe Dick Blicks would have metal ones
- Plastic models (General Pencil?) at Aaron Brothers
- I think there may be a design on thingaverse for 3D printers.
Sunday, August 9, 2015
Search: Pencil Point Protectors
In days of yore, metal pencil caps were found at an art supply store. I want some. Amazingly, like most truly useful things, they are not easy to find. Today is not the first day I have enlisted Google to search for some, or some way to make them. Here's a little of what I found. Dick Blick's art supply has some, at least online.